news

Poll: Best Irish Album of 2008?

8 Comments 24 November 2008

Quite a difficult question and one that will be posed to a panel of 12 judges for the 2008 Choice Music Prize.

According to Jim the prize, won last year by Super Extra Bonus Party, will be awarded on March 4 at a live show in Vicar St. The shortlist of 10 albums will be announced on Wednesday January 14.

Poll after the jump.

[poll id="3"]

Your thoughts? No doubt we’ve forgotten someone!

Related Posts:

Author

- who has written 132 posts on guesslist.

a regional reporter based in Cork who rarely gets to write about his true passions; Music, Film and Television. When not wasting time on the internet, Joe likes nothing more than answering introspective questions about himself on user profile questionnaires.

Contact the author

Your Comments

8 Comments so far

1. Donal says:

How about
    Mick Flannery – White Lies
    Aaron Dillon – Brown Envelope
    Ian Whitty and the Exchange – The Lucky Caller No 9.

3 great albums worthy of mention in any poll for Irish album of the year!

2. I second the Ian Whitty & The Exchange album! Fantastic stuff.
    I think my own favourite is Crayonsmith!

3. Nay says:

OOooh…decisions, decisions!

4. Keith Reid says:

Ye tough choice this year. Would have to say RSAG (rarely seen above ground) thou as it’s not been out of my cd player since I bought it a few weeks ago.Double debut album too :) Stunning

5. Graham D says:

Land Lovers for King!

6. Pádraig says:

Sorry, somebody must have sent this to their friends or something. Not my (Pádraig, Land Lovers) doing anyway. Morto.
    For my money, the best albums have been by the Spook, Michael Knight and So Cow. I’ve yet to grab a few that interest me there though.

7. Peter N says:

Flinders See Saw Still is a great album. Well worth checking out.

8. I reckon the following in with a shout. David Holmes,Halfset,
    Jape,RSAG,Lisa Hannigan,Chequerboard,The Jimmy Cake,ROL.Japanese Popstars
    I thought this year the quality has gone up a notch. Last years winners didnt deserve it more like a student band.
    The musicianship on above artists is of a higher quality.
    I work in music supervision and as a Dj.

Share your view